Sunday 25 October 2009

Marion Bantjes's Sugar Type

Marion Bantjes was asked by Stefan Sagmeister in 2007 to contribute to his “Things I have learned in my life so far.” publication. He asked her to re-use the materials and technique she had used for a previous booklet which was sugar to create the phrase “If I want to explore a new direction professionally, it is helpful to try it out for myself first.” She designed the phrase, photographed it and then destroyed it and photographed the result. I love how delicate the lettering is and how legible it is to say its formed from sugar, its a prime example of how to experiment with different materials, i especially like the grainy texture that the sugar creates and that the type is raised of the surface to make itself legible.



And Below some details


No comments:

Post a Comment