Monday 1 November 2010

What is it that I'm actually trying to do?

From choosing from my 5 good things, 'colour' I was inspired to research into the theory of colour and the psychology of it, where I discovered the theory of 'Colour association'. I started to think how people reacted to colour and to things that were not naturally associated with certain colours. I read somewhere about Black Garlic and how it was new to the British Market. It got me thinking that people are quite cautious towards foods that are not naturally associated with their colour such as black garlic so I started to research more into odd coloured foods finding dozens of foods that were natural but weren't the colour that our culture was used to. I also found that some of the more colourful alternatives such as red bananas and purple potatoes were healthier than everyday bananas and potatoes. So I've decided to package and inform people of the good qualities of these odd coloured foods and try and change peoples perceptions of food and colour. My audience is people with a big enough food budget to explore and deviate from their normal shopping habits, students and a demographic with a smaller budget wouldn't consider buying these foods (which cost a fraction more than normal coloured foods due to the small amount that are sold so aren't ordered in bulk or due to the rarity of the food) and people who are adventurous or experienced cooks and enjoy food exploration. This demographic are used to a respectable brand and retailer, a mature trustworthy appearance with a hint of luxury. The brand and packaging will be sold from a concession within an established premium food hall. I best start exploring more into this area of packaging, what materials are used, stocks, colours, typefaces..... and how do i package a bunch of bananas??


Blog Links:





No comments:

Post a Comment